A luxurious, state-of-the-art catamaran, docked in Key West, the Yankee Freedom will transport you to the famous Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson National Park.
Your Yankee Freedom – Dry Tortugas National Park Ferry Includes:
- Large, fully air-conditioned main cabin
- Comfortable seats, three large restrooms and fresh water rinse showers
- A full galley where you can purchase snacks, drinks and souvenirs
- Upper deck open to the sea-air and sights and sounds of marine life
- Spacious shaded and un-shaded sundeck seating
- Included with trip:
- Breakfast snack and box lunch
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment
- Entrance fee to Dry Tortugas National Park and Fort Jefferson
- Fully narrated 45-minute tour of the fort
- Beach walking, snorkeling, swimming, or just relaxing in the sun
- Enjoy a picnic in the afternoon
Just 70 miles west of Key West, the Dry Tortugas is a collection of secluded islands that boast a military fort, a national park, camping grounds, sandy beaches, crystal waters, coral reefs, fishing, snorkeling and so much more. See the historic Fort Jefferson and the place where Dr. Samuel Mudd was held prisoner due to his involvement in the assassination of President Lincoln. Come face to face with colorful fish and marine species that live on the coral reef. Spend the afternoon exploring the island, bird watching, having a picnic on the beach or soaking in the sun, gather the family and spend the weekend camping. The Dry Tortugas offers extraordinary experiences for people of all ages.
There’s no better way to get to The Dry Tortugas than on board the Yankee Freedom which has been ferrying guests for more than 30 years.
What to Bring
The following are items we recommend you bring:
- Bathing suit
- Sunglasses and hat
- Beach Towel
- Change of clothing (during your journey back to Key West, you are welcome to use Yankee Freedom‘s three fresh water rinses before the return trip home)
- Cash – The Park operates a small gift shop selling books, postcards, T-shirts and other items. The Yankee Freedom serves a large assortment of sodas, snacks, candy, beer, wine, tropical drinks, T-shirts, cameras, Dramamine ™, etc. You may use cash or credit cards for purchases.
- Sturdy pair of walking shoes
- You may bring your own snorkeling gear if you wish