Your Whaley Day and Evening Tour Package Includes:
- Daytime Self-Guided Tour:
- Self-paced tour through the interior and surrounding grounds of the House.
- Immerse yourself into the history that makes the property a unique legacy site.
- Discover the heritage that leads many to believe that the Whaley House is America's Most Haunted!
- Get an unparalleled peek into early California history.
- Haunted Evening Guided Tour:
- As seen on the Travel Channel, SyFy Channel and Discovery Channel.
- Be part of the historic legacy, mystery and legends of the Whaley Family, and hear of their myths and misconceptions.
- Approximately 30-40 minute guided tour through the historic Whaley House and the surrounding grounds.
- Regale in the tales of the spirits from the past and perhaps even experience the paranormal.
- Tour tickets do not have to be used on the same day
Whaley House Daytime Self-Guided Tour
Viewed as an integral part of Old Town San Diego since 1857, the Whaley House offers you a glimpse into the past. With more than a century in the making, the Whaley House holds an impressive amount of San Diego heritage, from the rough and tough times of early California statehood to the flourishing center of San Diego tourism. Recognized as the oldest two-story brick-structure south of Monterey California, the Whaley House features magnificent Greek Revival architecture along with an unrivaled historical timeline encompassing San Diego’s second County courthouse, a lively theatre, a charming general store, and a prominent family home. Learn the history behind the mystery of San Diego’s legendary Whaley House.
Whaley House Evening Guided Tour
While the story of the Whaley House’s origins may seem as simple and innocent as any family history, the truth is, many believed this home was destined to be haunted before it was even built. The property was the site of one of the town’s most famous public executions – that of the hanging of the infamous thief James “Yankee Jim” Robinson.
The Whaley House, designated as a museum in 1960, is located in Old Town San Diego, California’s Oldest Town. Designed and built by Thomas Whaley, the house is furnished with curated historical items and original family owned treasures.
Worldwide known as the Most Haunted House in America, it is recognized for its historical significance in Old Town San Diego.
Please plan appropriately for the historic attributes of the Whaley House Museum including stairs and uneven grounds. Wheelchair access available only on the first floor; no elevators on-site. Service dogs allowed.
If you are an individual with a disability and require an auxiliary aid or service to enjoy one of our tours, please contact us at (619) 298-8687.
For those guests who are unable to take the stairs, we are happy to provide a tablet with an audio/visual presentation of the second floor of the Whaley House.